Machine learning Engineer
Satis.AI is an early stage food tech company which uses deep learning-based computer vision, causal inference, and cognitive AI to change how we feed the people around the world. We are starting by providing software services to existing restaurant chains which use the live camera feed to provide augmentation for staff tasks with aim to help decision making, reduce error and cognitive load needed. This position us as the full stack AI operating system for autonomous kitchens. We are surfing on the opportunity created by the food delivery disruption to bring real technological innovation into kitchens and enhance both people's experiences as well as staff and environmental impact.
Our mission is to feed the world through our global food system which is more productive, resilient, more affordable, more sustainable, and healthier. A food system that provides accessible nutrition for everyone while preserving our planet. Satis.AI team includes people with extensive experience on the creation and deployment of scalable deep tech solutions as well as industry experts who share a passion for food, happiness and our world. That is where you come in.
We are hiring our initial extended team to expand the science and technology arms in Satis.AI. They will be responsible for developing the scalable and extendable product, which are utilised with the pilots we have with global restaurant chains. You will drive a specific agenda in a self-powered environment with autonomy, along with other brilliant members of the team, all passionate to make an impact.
Joining a small startup team, you will create a lasting impact on the company and have the opportunity to shape culture and products around your vision and personality. You, being a core member of the team, will contribute to the most imperative parts of the product development process, which includes understanding client needs through research, conceptualising complex ideas into interactive prototypes, validating ideas through user testing, designing detailed high-fidelity interfaces, collaborating with the Engineering team to ensure high quality implementation, and exhaustively testing the product to be confident that we’re shipping a product that meets all requirements.
- Big part in technical ownership of an early-stage company. You will be taking on a high impact role with the ability to shape our future direction in a nascent market that is wide open for the taking.
- You will participate in building a world-class product as well as the technical team responsible for developing an intelligent solution that how people around the world are fed
- You are in creating the underlying AI platforms that are used for storing data, annotating data, training models and run inference at scale for thousands of video streams and provide real-time actionable insights to help monitor and capture resources at scale.
- You will develop solutions and integration with hardware to assist our clients and stakeholders
- You will be an early member of a team with management potential and core to the decision make across company
- Competitive salary
- Strong equity
- Open to remote working
- 25 days holiday each year
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health needs
- Unlimited fresh fruit, tea, coffee and healthy snacks provided
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave
Working with us:
- Mission-driven - We are dedicated to bringing nutritious, environmentally friendly and most important of all, enjoyable food for all people around the world.
- Ambitious - We strive to be the best at what we do.
- Proactive and positive - We are pragmatic and self-driven. We iterate quickly, typically in 1-month cycles.
- Adaptable - We embrace change and uncertainty and work together to adapt to new situations.
- Flexible working - We have flexible working arrangements and encourage efficient work - not more work.
- Low ego culture - We are open to feedback and treat everyone with respect. We assume the best intent from others.
- Inclusive - We are open-minded and don’t just accept diversity - we celebrate it and support it.
- Strong knowledge of TensorFlow or other deep learning libraries (Pytorch, Keras)
- Strong knowledge of MLOPS concepts and systems used
- Experienced in using object-oriented programming languages like Python, Java, C++ (or others)
- Experienced in using popular computer vision libraries like OpenCV, FFMPEG is a big advantage
- Experience with Clojure and Kurbenetes is an advantage
- Demonstrable experience in working within scaling startups
- Product Management Collaboration successes
- Prior experience in cognitive computing product development is an advantage
- Scrum, Agile, TDD
- Events driven architecture, serverless, NoSQL
- Experienced in using version control (git or svn)
- Exposure to cloud computing platforms like AWS, GCP
- Depth in DevOps, Continuous Delivery