Product Manager - AI First
Satis.AI is an early stage food tech company which uses deep learning-based computer vision, causal inference, and cognitive AI to change how we feed the people around the world. We are starting by providing software services to existing restaurant chains which use the live camera feed to provide augmentation for staff tasks with aim to help decision making, reduce error and cognitive load needed. This position us as the full stack AI operating system for autonomous kitchens. We are surfing on the opportunity created by the food delivery disruption to bring real technological innovation into kitchens and enhance both people's experiences as well as staff and environmental impact.
Our mission is to feed the world through our global food system which is more productive, resilient, more affordable, more sustainable, and healthier. A food system that provides accessible nutrition for everyone while preserving our planet. Satis.AI team includes people with extensive experience on the creation and deployment of scalable deep tech solutions as well as industry experts who share a passion for food, happiness and our world. That is where you come in.
We are hiring our initial extended team to expand the science and technology arms in Satis.AI. They will be responsible for developing the scalable and extendable product, which are utilised with the pilots we have with global restaurant chains. You will drive a specific agenda in a self-powered environment with autonomy, along with other brilliant members of the team, all passionate to make an impact.
Joining a small startup team, you will create a lasting impact on the company and have the opportunity to shape culture and products around your vision and personality. You, being a core member of the team, will contribute to the most imperative parts of the product development process, which includes understanding client needs through research, conceptualising complex ideas into interactive prototypes, validating ideas through user testing, designing detailed high-fidelity interfaces, collaborating with the Engineering team to ensure high quality implementation, and exhaustively testing the product to be confident that we’re shipping a product that meets all requirements.
- Work with key stakeholders to understand and structure business requirements.
- Liaise with internal and external Engineering and Science teams on scoping, designing and implementation of innovative non-trivial solutions
- Identify & define improvement opportunities & potential business benefits, and document these formally including structured requirement specifications that enable delivery & testing of those improvements
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team on a daily basis including product managers, software engineers, and content creators.
- Own every aspect of the product's design, from doing preliminary research, solving the core user challenge to shipping a well-tested and pixel-perfect UI
- Precisely articulate design rationale to members of the team
- Prototype to clearly communicate requirements to the Engineering team
- Collaborate with peers on the design team to ensure designs are conceptually sound and fit into the bigger picture
- Help build cohesive a design system
- Give and receive design critique to help constantly refine our work
- Champion for inclusivity and accessibility in everything we ship
- Mentor new designers that join the design team
- Competitive salary
- Strong equity
- Open to remote working
- 25 days holiday each year
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health needs
- Unlimited fresh fruit, tea, coffee and healthy snacks provided
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave
Working with us:
- Mission-driven - We are dedicated to bringing nutritious, environmentally friendly and most important of all, enjoyable food for all people around the world.
- Ambitious - We strive to be the best at what we do.
- Proactive and positive - We are pragmatic and self-driven. We iterate quickly, typically in 1-month cycles.
- Adaptable - We embrace change and uncertainty and work together to adapt to new situations.
- Flexible working - We have flexible working arrangements and encourage efficient work - not more work.
- Low ego culture - We are open to feedback and treat everyone with respect. We assume the best intent from others.
- Inclusive - We are open-minded and don’t just accept diversity - we celebrate it and support it.
As with any B2B organisation, the success of us depends on every member of staff being professional, amicable, and building strong relationships – both internally and with external stakeholders. Our ideal candidate traits are as follows:
- A strong interest and technical expertise in Artificial intelligence, with experience in working with applied AI teams. Doing applied research yourself is ideal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which allow you to excel at being an advocate for the Applied AI and to be an effective communicator when dealing with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent communication & stakeholder relationship management skills
- Experience with both establishing and delivering on product roadmaps for technical teams serving internal customers, to the clear and measured benefit of internal customer teams.
- 3+ years of prior product management experience.
- A validated ability to collaborate cross-functionally with distributed teams.
- MSc in either Machine Learning or a related technical field, PhD or research experience is ideal.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, scientists, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Be comfortable working in dynamic, challenging and fast moving environments. Strong team orientation is a must as we need to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to assess benefits, review requirements and prioritize development activities effectively.